Rail Polska Sp. z o.o. was registered in Warsaw in 1999 as a subsidiary of Rail World Incorporated in order to represent Rail World in the Polish railway market and start operations as a private railway carrier in Poland. In March 2003, Rail Polska purchased ZEC Trans Sp. z o.o. in Wroclaw and PPUH Kolex Sp. z o.o. in Włosienica, thus obtaining 100% of shares in starting capital of the both companies. In August 2003, each of the companies obtained a license to operate freight railway transport and lease rolling stock. The licenses were the very first ones issued in Poland. On 25 October 2004, the companies were merged as Rail Polska Sp. z o.o.
Dynamic growth of Rail Polska continues from the very beginning of its existence — it is proved by the growing transport potential and range of services provided by two regions (the Lower Silesia Region and the South Region). Today, we have 50 locomotives and approximately 1100 wagons of different types, what gives us a leading position among railway companies in the Polish market.
Rail Polska, with the highly qualified and experienced personnel and modern technical and operating facilities, offers the following services:
- freight railway movements,
- siding service,
- intermodal terminals,
- rolling stock rental and availability,
- maintenance of locomotives and wagons at all levels from P1 to P5,
- railway logistics,
- railway infrastructure maintenance,
- services provided by a certified washing station assigned for railway tanks and motor tanks, especially tank washing after transport of hazardous materials.